Happy Summer!

Photobucket

It's hard to believe that today is the first day of summer. This year is flying by quicker than I can blink!

The past three summers have been horrid with all kinds of drama or situations that took our time and attention. This summer I am determined to focus on my family and just have FUN!

My children need to have a summer where they can actually do something other than pace around the house and the yard.

So here are my plans for this summer......

► Emily going to camp for a week in July.

► Stephen going to adventure camp for a week in July. He will be roughing it by backpacking in the Adirondack Mountains.

► Nathan is marching in a parade and helping out with the town carnival run by the fire department.

► Trip to the New York Aquarium & Coney Island beach and boardwalk.

► Hiking on the Appalachian Trail.

► Trip to a local lighthouse by the Hudson River.

► Taking Emily & her friends rollerskating one day in the next few weeks.

► Trip to visit inlaws and spend the day at an amusement park.

► Renting a cabin by a lake for a week. (Praying for this one as $ are tight)

► Local lake & beach for a barbecue.

► Lots of home barbecues with friends.

► Berry picking (okay, I think this is fun but I'm not sure about anyone else)!

► Trip to ocean one day.

I'm sure I'll think of some more. I think it's going to help to have a written plan. I actually am looking forward to this summer for the first time in a long time. I want to celebrate summer this year!

Comments

  1. It sounds wonderful Terri. Having read all Adriana Trigiani's books about the Appalachians, I want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds GREAT, Terri! About the barbeques...hint, hint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to do all the things you have planned! Everyone needs a time to just "cool it."
    Have Fun and relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a summer full of fun!! We are waiting for summer to arrive here still...damp, gray & cool is our weather! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm where is Dinner with the Rodriguez family on that list??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good plan to me, hugs and have a great day, yeah happy Summer...Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.