Afternoon Adventure

Photobucket

Yesterday, Nathan had a parade to march in and Dan was off picking someone up at the airport so I decided to take Stephen & Emily and go off on our own adventure.

We decided to go hiking on the Appalachian Trail. This trail runs from Georgia all the way up through Maine and part of it runs through our neck of the woods. It's such a beautiful place to go and is very peaceful. The trail we took runs along the Housatonic River.

Photobucket

I've never gone hiking without the whole crew and it actually was a very nice time. Emily & Stephen are very similar in personality and they had a great time together.

Photobucket

We enjoyed exploring all the different sights we saw along the way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We hiked for about an hour and then started back. We didn't get started until about 5:00 so it was getting dark deeper in the woods, even though the sun was still shining brightly down by the river.

Photobucket

That was about the time Stephen started teasing Emily about bears coming to get her. Such sweet brotherly love! ;-)

Photobucket

I enjoyed my time with my two youngest and look forward to doing it again.

Comments

  1. Looks like you all had a great time!
    Wonderful photos!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me of hiking in Cnadian woods with my daughter!
    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terri,
    How fun. It looks so pretty up there.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?? No hills this time? You made me climb hills straight up for a mile and you take the flat trail...I would have enjoyed this trail myself. Just had to pick on you about this, this time. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There were plenty of hills Mom. I was too busy huffing and puffing up them to take a picture! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.