Friday, February 18, 2011

Foto Friday

It's Foto Friday today. I was very excited to take pictures this week because I got a new camera! I had a little point and shoot digital camera that I've been using but it has it's limits. I have always wanted a better camera but couldn't afford it.

For some reason I have a very difficult time buying myself anything without feeling guilty. My mother sends me birthday money every year but it usually goes to pay a bill or get something for the children. However, this year I took the money along with a gift card we received a while back and purchased a Canon Powershot SX30.

Of course, I have no idea how to use it! But I'm willing to learn. These three photos don't have anything to do with the theme, but I was pleased with my first attempt.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This last one is my favorite of the bunch. I honestly don't know how I got the background to be all black, except that I took it in the dark. I didn't edit it at all and thought it looked neat.

Photobucket

For more photos, you can check out Rebecca's blog.