Foto Friday

It's Foto Friday today. I was very excited to take pictures this week because I got a new camera! I had a little point and shoot digital camera that I've been using but it has it's limits. I have always wanted a better camera but couldn't afford it.

For some reason I have a very difficult time buying myself anything without feeling guilty. My mother sends me birthday money every year but it usually goes to pay a bill or get something for the children. However, this year I took the money along with a gift card we received a while back and purchased a Canon Powershot SX30.

Of course, I have no idea how to use it! But I'm willing to learn. These three photos don't have anything to do with the theme, but I was pleased with my first attempt.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This last one is my favorite of the bunch. I honestly don't know how I got the background to be all black, except that I took it in the dark. I didn't edit it at all and thought it looked neat.

Photobucket

For more photos, you can check out Rebecca's blog.

Comments

  1. Hooray for a new camera! I'm very happy for you, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My digi camera has all sorts of possibilities on it, but it is taking me ages to learn what they do!
    Your photos are very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous Terri! I'm still using the point and shoot variety. Your pictures are great and can't wait to see what you do with it. I would like to get a better one some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hard time spending money on myself too. I feel wasteful or something.
    Anyway. how wonderful to get a new camera! all 3 pictures are lovely, but I really like the candle.
    Have fun playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for new cameras! So excited for you, enjoy playing and learning!
    I love that last shot. Candles are so hard to get good pictures of, and you nailed it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love our Canon. Looks like you're enjoying yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new camera! :D Happy shooting! :) I am SO greedy when it comes to camera equipment! LOL!
    I LOVE the first shot the best! :) Great job and have fun learning your new camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have taken some lovely photos. I know that you like to mae gifts for family and friends. Have you ever considered gathering your photos into a book (perhaps accompanied by scriptures) or a calendar. It might make a very unique gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY YAY YAY YAY!

    FABULOUS job! Have fun learning your new stuff. Love the top photo! Can't wait to see how your photos progress as you learn to use your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous, thank you for the idea. That is something that sounds up my alley!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.