Foto Friday








It's Foto Friday again at Rebecca's and the theme this week was beauty in the ugly. I have to give you a bit of a background here for this one.

Emily's birthday is next Monday and she has been begging for some sort of pet. Well, technically she has asked for a dwarf bunny. But chickens were also on her list. One of the teachers in my school hatched a bunch of chicks in her classroom a week ago.

To make a long story short, I was allowed to keep 5 of the chicks. When Emily came home from school today I told her I had a surprise for her birthday.

Photobucket

This was what she saw when she opened the lid.

Photobucket

It was the best reaction ever! She took one look and burst into tears and threw herself in my arms. She is one happy girl.

Photobucket

I think I definitely made a good choice.

Photobucket

Now all we have to do is build a coop and pen. Maybe it wasn't such a smart choice for Dan and the boys! ;-)

This is my entry for this week. I do think chickens are kind of ugly, but these little one's feathers are beautiful too.

Photobucket

For more photos, check out the other entries at Rebecca's blog.

Comments

  1. Arent they sweet! How lovely for Emily to have such a nice surprise, I'm sure she will enjoy looking after them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby chickens are very cute and then they go through a fairly ugly period. The grown ones are pretty again-and useful. I understand her excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think they are adorable. We gave my son 13 eggs to hatch for his 13th birthday. That was 4 years ago and he is still in love. Good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww so cute! Chicks are funny - I agree with Southern Comfort, they start out cute, turn ugly, and then end up a fairly good looking bird, lol! :) She'll have fun. You'll enjoy the eggs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Emily's reaction...so sweet, I am sure that she will be a good mama to the little babies!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet reaction to her gift! :) Love the chick photos! :

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwww. How wonderfully sweet! So glad for her new pets!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live