Crafty Things and "Operation Celebration", Day #5

I wanted to show the pictures of the curtains I made yesterday.  Remember this quilt I made back in December for Emily's room?

Photobucket

I had some leftover material and decided to make curtains for her room.  The problem was that there were just bits and pieces of the material and nothing was consistently the same size.  However, I managed to come up with enough for 4 windows.  I did have to use different lining for one of the curtains but again, it was all fabric that was incorporated in her quilt.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


My goal is to paint her room.  She wants it lavender with lime green trim.  Blech!  But it's her room and that's what she wants and it will match the quilt.

NOW.......

"Operation Celebration", Day #5

Tonight we are having a surprise party for her with some of her closest friends. 

Photobucket

It's a spa theme!  It also goes hand in hand with our small group study, Head to Soul Makeover: Helping Teen Girls Become Real in a Fake World. These are all girls in her small group and we hadn't finished the last chapter which was a make-over party so it all tied in neatly together!  I didn't invite all of her friends because 1) I wanted to tie it in with the small group ending and 2) I really didn't feel like trying to handle a bunch of teens.  So it'll just be 6 of them but they are all nice girls and it'll be easy to do.

The girls will be making their own stuffed pizza (it's an upstate New York thing), decorating cupcakes, and eating other snacks.  They will have facials with homemade masks, paint their nails, make their own bath salts & candles and do a couple of party games that were part of this last chapter in the book.  It should be fun and I have almost every thing on hand.  I do need to go to the store and get a couple food items but overall, I'm going to be able to keep the cost under $20.

The best part is she doesn't have a clue it's coming!  I know she's going to be so excited when she finds out.  I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Hope she has a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so crafty, Terri! What lovely curtains and quilt! Emily is so lucky to have such a creative and thoughtful mother. This birthday celebration has been so fun to read about. Enjoy the day- I'm sure Emily will be surprised!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done an amazing job of creating special memories for her. Thanks for sharing this week of celebrations with us. I have really enjoyed reading about it.

    Love,
    Debbi

    P.S. I hope you can get some rest on Sunday. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The curtains came out great! And the party sounds like tons of fun. Maybe I'll rent you for my next birthday :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her curtains turned out lovely! At one point my girls painted their room neon green with hot pink & orange polka dots! :0 I am glad they now have it back to a sky blue color!
    Have fun with the girls tonight! We had a group of 5 teenage girls for Amy's birthday sleep-over a couple of weeks ago...a long and noisy night with that bunch! ;)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.