Crafty Things

Untitled

Emily went to sewing camp this week at a local church.  The girls and adults who were participating made quilts for a local pregnancy center.  I ended up joining in for two of the days.

The thing that was difficult for me was the fact that the quilts were made out of recycled material.  I find that I am very visual and I spent an entire day and a half just trying to find material that I thought went together and then finding I didn't have enough!  So I only managed to turn out one quilt this week.  :-)

Emily, on the other hand, made 3.  She will finish up her third one today and was so pleased with herself.  She has never really sewn by herself before.  There were people there to help if she had a question, but she pretty much was on her own and did a good job, considering it was her first time making a quilt and sewing independently.

Her first quilt:
IMG_7488

Her second one:



The third one is still in the works so I don't have a picture of that one yet. 

Here is the quilt I made this week.  Front view.

IMG_7490

Back view.
IMG_7494

I think it was a good week!  I saw Emily's skills improving and she's excited about sewing.  In fact, she told me she wants to keep making quilts all year as a community service project for the pregnancy center. 

Comments

  1. Emily made THREE quilts in a week?? And she's just a beginner?? Send her over here for a holiday with me, I need to learn her skills! :) Well done to all of you...such a good cause too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is thrilling to see your daughter follow you in your crafts. I know my 2 daughters are so crafty that I feel they have surpassed me in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didnt she do well. That takes persistence, to make three in a week! God for emily. They all look delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily did very good. I was thinking "she has loving heart and gifted talents just like her mama."

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live