Jump at De Son

 photo IMG_1299.jpg
It has been one of those weeks at our house.  I find myself just feeling overwhelmed and frustration seems to abound.  Irritation at circumstances.  Discouragement over my son's future that seems bleak at times.  Wondering how things will play out in Nathan's life.   Dealing with an adult child who sees his younger brother moving forward and feels like he is staying stagnant. 
At times I find myself focusing so much on the problems, that I forget I serve an Almighty God who has a plan for my son's life. I start feeling so overwhelmed, discouraged and things look hopeless.  I know that God's hand is on Nate and that he sees the future, but I can only see a few feet down the road.  But I know that all I have to do is move to the point I can see and then from there I'll be able to see a bit further.  I need to trust God for the parts of the road that are hidden.
 photo IMG_1288.jpg
I saw this quote and it was an encouragement to me...
"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Today, I want to remember to not just jump for the sun, but the SON who has my child's future in His hands as well as my own.  I want to remind not just Nathan, but all my children to aim for the sun.  To try their bestTo shoot for the stars because if you aim for nothing, you will get it every time.  
Then I also want to remind them to jump for the Son because He will always there to catch them and to pull them up to more than they could ever be on their own. 
So are jumping at de SON today?

Comments

  1. Amen, Terri! I forget that, too. Especially since my Anna is 21-years-old and still functions at 18 months. What could God possibly have planned for her? Yet, she made us laugh last night and she gives unconditional love. What could be better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri - Just saw Nathan's picture posted at Hannaford's. So proud of him! Tell him I said to keep up doing what he's doing and also that I missed seeing him yesterday while shopping. I did see him there last week but didn't interrupt him - he was in deep conversation with someone. I do look for him each time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we walk by faith not but sight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, everyday I jump at de SON, but like you, it's VERY hard when things don't go the way I want. Praying for you.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.