Monday, July 29, 2013

Getting OFF the Bunny Trail

Photobucket

Ephesians 6:19 ~ Pray also for me. Pray that when I open my mouth, the right words will be given to me. Then I can be bold as I tell the mystery of the good news.

My personality has always been such that I get distracted very easily.  I have a difficult time staying focused and can get pulled in a thousand directions.  Dan & I met in seminary.  We both had a very clear and discernible call upon our lives to go into full-time ministry.  We both have the gift of teaching and a strong desire to teach God's word to others.

But I get distracted.

Starting a home-based business, sewing, cooking, crafting, busy work....you name it, and I'm off on a bunny trail!

But God keeps reminding me and pulling me back onto that path He has laid out for me.  God's word is a mystery to many.  It's hard for some to understand.  Many people never crack open their Bible.  My desire has always been to get people to truly understand the wonderful message the Lord has for us.

This summer has been wonderful because I've been able to meet one on one with a woman in our church to help her figure out her place (position) in Christ, what her God given passions are, and how the Lord can use those to give her a purpose.  She is a new Christian and it's been encouraging to me as we meet each week and study.  We laugh A LOT.  We cry A LOT.  She is learning what God's word has to say about her circumstances.

Our church has a ton of teens and many little ones but the in between age (4-11 year old) is very sparse.  However, a new couple has been coming to church with children in that age range and I've been able to teach them during children's church.  I love seeing the excitement on their faces as we act out the stories in the Bible, and as we work on the activities and crafts.  Their questions and responses are precious.

Yesterday, one of the teens that went to camp came up to me after the service and said that her camp counselor had suggested she find an adult she trusts to start a small group Bible study with her and her friends.  So starting this week, I'll be teaching a few teenage girls from God's word and talking to them about their position in Christ and how He views them as young women, their God given passions as well as dealing with their human passions ;-) and finding the purpose He has for them.

I find myself energized, enthusiastic, and excited!   

This week I'm thankful for one very large blessing -  #1681.

I'm so thankful that I get pulled off that bunny trail from time to time and reminded of my original calling.