What's Your Reputation

Psalm 71:1-8 ~ 

In you, Lord, I have taken refuge;
    let me never be put to shame.
In your righteousness, rescue me and deliver me;
    turn your ear to me and save me.
Be my rock of refuge,
    to which I can always go;
give the command to save me,
    for you are my rock and my fortress.
Deliver me, my God, from the hand of the wicked,
    from the grasp of those who are evil and cruel.

For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord,
    my confidence since my youth.
From birth I have relied on you;
    you brought me forth from my mother’s womb.
    I will ever praise you.
I have become a sign to many;
    you are my strong refuge.
My mouth is filled with your praise,
    declaring your splendor all day long.

What's your reputation?  Are you known as a positive person or a negative person?  Does praise and thanksgiving pour out of your mouth on a regular basis or criticism and complaint?

I love the confidence of David in this Psalm.  He states that his life has been a sign or an example to many people of the goodness of God.  If you read through the Psalms you will find that He does praise God regularly, even when going through hardships.

The past few months I've been trying to do this every single day.  I've started capturing the things I'm thankful for with a photograph and I love it!  It forces me to be constantly thinking about the many ways that the Lord is blessing me.  It makes me stop and give thanks.  It is creating an attitude of gratitude within my heart.

Are you looking for the goodness of God in your life?  Are you offering up praise constantly?  When you are tempted to gripe and complain do you stop the words before they pour out of your mouth?

Put these things into practice.  Develop an attitude of gratitude.  You may just find that you too, develop a reputation!

Comments