Well-ordered

Psalm 39:4 ~
Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
    Remind me that my days are numbered—
    how fleeting my life is.


A well-ordered life.  That is something I strive to have.  I'm not talking about control, but about numbering my days correctly.  I want to squeeze every last bit out of life and that takes planning.  I want my life to be productive and meaningful.

I don't want to look back over my life and feel like I wasted it so I do strive to make every moment count.  I obviously don't always achieve it and I often fail, but I think I do a fairly good job of keeping my focus.  It takes a lot of planning, and pushing past my natural feelings of laziness.

Some days are better than others.  Many times I fail and just fritter away my time on useless and meaningless things.  I spend too much time in front of a screen.  Often,  I have to remind myself that it's not just about accomplishing a to-do list.  It's about spending quality time with people too.  It's making sure that those who count most in my life know how much I love them and care for them.  That means stopping and listening and sometimes having to  lay aside my list.

As I said, some  days are better than others.    This  was a good week...

I helped Nathan work through a situation at work.

I worked in the garden to tame the jungle that had grown there.  I'm making good progress and other than a few weeds under the squash plants, I still have that small patch in the middle around the sunflowers.  I also replanted beans and put in some pumpkin.


I made about 5 batches of soap.

I participated in the local farmer's market.

I made note cards.


I filled out camp forms for Emily and health forms for Stephen.

I went to two doctor's appointments and also made good progress in doctoring Emily to get a health issue under control.

I made coverings for outdoor cushions for a client.

I made panels for French windows for another client.

I had a fun afternoon/evening with my husband and daughter.

I stopped and enjoyed nature.


I made multiple, nutritious meals.

I decluttered my dining room table.

I did multiple loads of laundry.

It was a good week.  It was a productive week.  It was a blessed week.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a busy but productive week. Hope you can relax a bit today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that the pesky garden is almost finished, I can! lol Have a great day, Kathi.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.