The Gift


This week has been busy and full and all about family.  I posted the other day about the visit we had this weekend from Dan's brother and family as well as Stephen.  Stephen is settled back in his college and doing well.

Tuesday I was also blessed with a visit from my aunt and cousin.

I haven't seen my cousin in three years and before that, we were both teens.  I do have to say that one of the biggest positive things about Facebook is the ability to reconnect with family members that I haven't seen in years.

I took them to the lake and of course, we snapped a few selfies. :-)


 

Last night was spent with Dan, watching Emily sing in a concert at school.  I'm so pleased she chose to sing in the chorale this year.  She has a pretty voice but was going through this self-conscious "I don't like people looking at me" phase.  So it's been nice to see her coming out of her shell a bit and stretching herself.



We are so proud of Nathan.  He has struggled since we moved here, adjusting to a new job and a new fire department.  One of the things that was hard for him was going from being so active on the last department to being the new kid on the block.  One of the hurdles he was trying to overcome was to be able to go "green" which basically means he can now go into structure fires without being supervised. (Not sure if I'm explaining it correctly).  He kept making little mistakes because he would get so nervous but he has worked hard and finally achieved his goal. 

It's been wonderful to see him mature and grow and overcome so many things in his life as a result of being on the fire department.  The Lord has truly done a miracle in him.  In fact, Nathan's life has been about God making possibilities about of disabilities!



Desmond Tutu ~

"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them."

 
I'm glad God gifted me with this family. :-)

Comments

  1. You have a wonderful family, Terri, and I'm sure they are glad God gifted them with you! God has worked many miracles for Nathan and I will keep praying there are more to come for such a special person. Have a lovely fall season with your family.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.