Keeping it Real



Last Wednesday I emptied out the contents of my shop and brought it home and unloaded it in my sunroom.  That also was the same room that housed Stephen for the week so as you can imagine, it was already looking messy. 

Then Thanksgiving came and Friday which involved running errands, putting up our tree and decorating the church, and getting ready for a craft fair.  The craft fair was a two day event on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.  So yesterday was the first day I actually even was able to do much of anything in there.

When I get overwhelmed in terms of a huge mess or project, my tendency is to turn my back on it and pretend it isn't there.  :-)  Who wants to clean when there are so many other fun things to do?

Activities like card-making...



Or salves...



However, I know that I can't live in that mode for very long so I worked slowly and steadily in there yesterday.  I still have a ways to go, but it certainly looks better and I'm finding homes for all of my things. 

Some of the items went to a local coffee shop that will be carrying my creations.  I wasn't going to put them there but the owner called me the other day and asked me to reconsider so I decided to do that.  Besides, that got rid of one pile! :-)


Other things went into Rubber Maid storage containers and are heading out into the shed.  Still others are finding homes throughout the house.

I know it doesn't look like it from these photos, but progress is being made!



I'm really thankful I'm home and can focus on bringing some order out of the chaos.  Today, I'm meeting a friend for coffee and then have one other commitment then it's back to plodding my way through the mess.  

Comments

  1. For some reason this reminded me of the "Little Engine That Could" story.
    Have a good day.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.