Thursday, February 5, 2015

Encouragement


Since the beginning, my blog has been about encouraging women.  That has also been the goal of all three of my books.  A lot of the reason for that is because I think that so many people in this world truly do not know how to encourage others.  In this day and age of social media it has gotten even worse.  People feel free to say whatever pops into their heads without thinking of the consequences.  We are force fed negativity and despair every single day.

So I try to make my posts here and on Facebook uplifting and positive.  Does that mean I am Happy Henrietta all the time?  Not at all.  I struggle with feelings of depression quite regularly.  I struggle with feeling hurt and upset when others are unkind or insensitive.  I have to work my way through a variety of emotions on a daily basis.

But my goal is to point others to Christ.  My desire is to be a light in a dark world.  I want to show people that following the Lord can change every aspect of your life. 

I've been reading a book lately about a missionary couple in our denomination.  I always enjoy reading the books in this series which are about the different missionaries that have gone out under our denomination throughout the years.  The reason is that I find encouragement and renewed purpose in the ministry that God has called Dan and I to do.  I find reading about others in similar circumstances helps me in my own.

That is one of the reasons I share on a regular basis about some of the things I struggle with.  However, while I am transparent about my struggles, I still am striving to make this a blog of encouragement for women in all walks of life.  It doesn't matter if you are young or old, a stay at home mom or a full-time employee, I want to encourage you.  I want to point you to the one who can work through any situation in your life.  It is only through the Lord that you can find hope for whatever you face.

Philippians 4:13 ~ I can do all this through him who gives me strength.