Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Back to Work

 
 
Yesterday afternoon, we decided to check out a local zoo with the girls and Nathan.  It was a hot day but definitely less humid than Sunday so it was a good day to go.  Nathan bought us lunch there and then we took off to see the different animals.
 
 
 
I do have to say that it was a bit disappointing, but we have been spoiled with the Bronx Zoo.  This is a small one and most of the animals were hiding or sleeping due to the heat. 

 
 
It took us about an hour to walk through the whole thing.
 


 


 
I know it would have been a wonderful place to come if my children were little again.
 
Vacation is officially over so it was back to work yesterday afternoon.  I have a bushel of cucumbers, as well as a bushel of corn to deal with.  My sister gave me about a half bushel of cukes and I bought the rest at a farm stand on Sunday. 
 
 
I made 13 pints of bread and butter pickles yesterday.  Today the plan is to make dill and relish, as well as process the corn. 
 
 
I need to get in the garden and weed.  I also have a couple of custom sewing orders I need to fill, as well as making a few batches of soap. 
 
Hi ho!  Hi ho!  It's back to work I go!
 
Have a wonderful day.