Wednesday Words of Encouragement

Something different this week for Wednesday Words of Encouragement.  

Haggai 1:2-9 (HCSB) ~

“The Lord of Hosts says this: These people say: The time has not come for the house of the Lord to be rebuilt.”
The word of the Lord came through Haggai the prophet: “Is it a time for you yourselves to live in your paneled houses, while this house lies in ruins?” Now, the Lord of Hosts says this: “Think carefully about your ways:
You have planted much
but harvested little.
You eat
but never have enough to be satisfied.
You drink
but never have enough to become drunk.
You put on clothes
but never have enough to get warm.
The wage earner puts his wages
into a bag with a hole in it.”
 
The Lord of Hosts says this: “Think carefully about your ways. Go up into the hills, bring down lumber, and build the house. Then I will be pleased with it and be glorified,” says the Lord“You expected much, but then it amounted to little. When you brought the harvest to your house, I ruined it. Why?” This is the declaration of the Lord of Hosts. “Because My house still lies in ruins, while each of you is busy with his own house.


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Terri, I do hope you will do that again sometime. Sometimes the spoken word packs more of a punch than the written word. I really related to all you said. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope you will do this again!
    So many times I feel like I am squeezing God in when he never squeezes me in he is always there for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearing you voice was a nice change. Thank your for always encouraging me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.