Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Good Life

 
 





 




Every now and then I'm tempted to whine about things in my life.  Yet, about the time that happens, I'm reminded of how good I have it.  My life isn't always easy, but it's a good one.  I love being in ministry with my husband.  I'm also thankful for the lifestyle that Dan and I chose years ago. 

It makes for a very peaceful, simple life in many ways.  Financially, it's not always the easiest but once we committed to living on one income, we realized that there were sacrifices we would be making.  We don't have the latest gadgets.  We don't have fancy cars nor do we get to take elaborate vacations.But I'm thankful for those sacrifices. 

They have allowed me to be available for my husband and children.  The sacrifices have given me flexibility to be the master of my own time.  I am able to come and go as I please.  I have the time to create art and beauty in my home.

This week I've made meals, created things with my crochet hook and sewing machine, baked, spent time with my daughter in the kitchen, and met with a group of ladies to plan our annual spring retreat for about 300 women.  It's been eclectic, it's been interesting and it's been fun!

I'm thankful for the life I have and wouldn't trade it for anything!