Think



Proverbs 14:3 (NIV) ~

A fool’s mouth lashes out with pride,
  but the lips of the wise protect them.

Facebook often leaves me shaking my head, especially as I read comments on public articles or posts. I don't go seeking them out but if I'm friends with someone on Facebook and they comment on a public post, it shows up on my page.  What makes me even sadder is when it's a Christian and they are saying the most vile and hateful things towards someone else.  As I read this Proverb, I truly wish more people would follow its wisdom.

How can we expect our children to use good judgment, when they don't see it modeled?  How can ever expect someone to come to know the Lord when they hear terrible words pouring out of our mouth?  How can we expect people to view us with respect when we think it's okay to lash out at another because it's the cyber world?

Please use wisdom in posting! I love the acronym, THINK when posting.

Is it...

True
Hurtful
Illegal
Necessary
Kind

If not, why post it?  If not, pray and think about why you find it necessary to reflect something that is not of God.  If not, what weakness in yourself causes you to want to me the type of person that is on the attack?  Even if you are right, why is it necessary to point that out in unkind ways?  Please think before you post!

Okay, I'm off my soapbox for the day.  Have a beautiful and thoughtful Monday!

Comments