Monday Goal Setting: Eating an Elephant


It's Monday and time to set those goals again. I have quite a few this week and my list seems a bit daunting. We will see if I get all this accomplished or not.  I generally have been coming back in and crossing things off as they are done.  I've always loved the saying, "How do you eat an elephant?"  "One bite at a time!" So I'm going to plug through this list one item at a time.

Goals for the week of January 15-21, 2018:

Spiritual/Personal Development

1. Personal Bible reading and prayer at least 5 out of the 7 days. (did 5 last week)
2. Continue to read a personal development book and one required reading book for consecration.

Reading:
Finely Tuned: How to Survive as a Highly Sensitive Person by Barrie Davenport

and 

All for Jesus by Robert L. Niklaus, John S. Sawin and Samuel J. Stoez



Husband/Marriage

1. Go on a date with Dan (happening this morning for brunch)
2. Find one way to encourage/bless him this week.

Children/Family (I'm noticing that this category is not utilized like it used to be since the kids are grown)

1. Take my very bored daughter out to do something.  She is used to being on her own, going where she wants and when she wants to go.  Also, her college is in a city so she has access to public transportation.  She's been out here for the past month in the middle of nowhere with no place to go and is starting to climb the walls. It's been a bad winter so we've all been shut in.  I told her that once I got a major task completed we would go do something together.

2. Sew Stephen's coat sleeve.  It's a brand new Christmas gift and he caught the sleeve on a nail and the down is falling out.  

Weight Loss

1. Exercise 3 days 
2. Figure out a better breakfast plan.  If I skip it (which often happens), I eat too much later.  If I eat the wrong thing then it seems to set the tone for the rest of the day too.  I'm trying to set the tone for the day.

Ministry

1. Prepare lesson and cooking/art projects for Thursday night's 3D Kids
2. Review yearly goals for my role as Disciplemaking Ministries Director and then develop a plan to work them.
3. Follow up on applications for the teenagers at church for Teen Chill Winter Retreat.
4. Put together mailing for district ladies retreat and get them mailed.All the flyers and materials are complete.  I just need to make copies and stuff envelopes.
5. Update ministry website with updated forms.

Craft Business (added this category this week)

1. I've had quite a few Etsy sales recently and need to replenish some things.  So my plan is to make at least 5 new items to put in the shop this week.

Made this apron on Saturday

Household

1. Make two batches of soap. 
2. Declutter paperwork.  I have it all in one really large pile and need to sort through it.
3. Start pulling together information for taxes.
4. Create spreadsheet for this year's household expenses and get January's entered in there.

Eating my elephant this week.  Have a great day!

Comments