The Son is Still Shining



It snowed over night and there is a winter storm warning with amounts ranging from 10-18".  I had to laugh at our church sign this morning.If this keeps up, it won't be hard to find brightly colored Easter eggs!

At this point I am so ready for spring and it feels like it will never come. However, I saw little shoots springing up in my garden bed the other day and some song birds have made their way back north.  So regardless of how I feel, spring will get here.

That is so true in our spiritual lives too. So often as we face a daunting trial and hard times it feels as if we will never come through it.  We get bogged down emotionally, mentally, spiritually and sometimes, physically. The skies are gray and it seems as if the sun will never shine again. But the thing that we need to remember is that the SON is always shining. God is there and walking through the valley with us.  When we keep our eyes on Him, we will find our way through and come out the other side.  

I'm not sure what storm you are going through today, but I felt led to share that truth. Keep your eyes on Jesus, keep moving forward and remember that He has power over the waves that are crashing over your head. 

Comments