It's Here!




Cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Christmas fabric. Bits of bright paper and scribbles of gift ideas on the pieces of paper. Filling orders. The humming of the sewing machine and the humming of Christmas carols.

The season is upon me whether I'm ready for it or not. I've been trying to figure out gifts and plans and Advent readings and kid's programs, yet it feels like it's happening all too soon. It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week but I pulled two turkeys out of the freezer to defrost for Sunday's Thanksgiving luncheon at church which means it is here.

Trying to figure out gifts for adult children who respond, "I don't know." when I ask them what they want is not easy. I kind of miss those days of toys and surprises and fun!

I made dough for molasses crinkles this morning and they will be headed to the oven later today. The children in my 3D Kids program were practicing a Christmas song last night and I started to feel the holiday spirit overtake me. 

So while it's hard to get started, I know that I'll be in the full swing of holiday preparations soon enough. I had this moment of "YIKES!" yesterday as I realized we usually put up our tree right after Thanksgiving. 

I guess I better think about clearing a path to the Christmas bins. ;-)

Have a blessed day!

Comments