Preparations










My chicks are all home and under one roof and I am extremely happy right now.  I've been busy with prep work for both the things I'm taking to my in-laws on Thursday as well as making and freezing Christmas cookies.

So far I have 4 different kinds of cookies made.  My crusts are in the fridge and ready to be rolled out tomorrow and turned into apple, pumpkin and blueberry pie.  I need to make rolls, sweet potato casserole and some sort of veggie dish.

Friday has traditionally been the day to set up our tree and decorate but because we will be traveling, I'm not sure when that'll happen.  Emily has plans with a friend on Saturday and Dan and I are ringing the bell for the Salvation Army Saturday afternoon. Dan is taking Emily and a friend's son back on Sunday afternoon so it may just be three of us decorating this year. 

No matter, it'll get done one way or the other.  We are hosting an open house here on December 30th so I'll be busy preparing for that too.  Tis the season to be jolly because we are truly blessed!


Happy Thanksgiving All!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live