Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!


Today is my sixty-second birthday and it's hard to believe I've achieved that....um....seasoned age! My first thought this morning was one of not being sure that I like it. However, as I thought I about it, I decided to take joy in the fact that I've reached an older age. Because age comes with benefits.

Benefit #1 - I'm a bit wiser. 

When I look back at some of the decisions I made when I was younger, I cringe. With age has come the ability to slow down and think things through before I make major upheavals in my life. I've also discovered that getting worked up about certain things is just an absolute waste of emotional energy.

Benefit #2 - I'm enjoying my life. 

As I've aged I've learned all kinds of skills and hobbies and can honestly say that I'm never, ever bored. I love all the different things I'm able to do and it's fun!

Benefit #3 - I've learned to appreciate my relationships.

With age I've learned to work on developing and enjoying the relationships I have with both family and friends. I have an eclectic mix of people in my life from all different ends of the political, religious and social spectrum and I truly enjoy them. We don't all have to think alike or agree to be friends or family. It makes me sad when people cut off relationships just because of a difference of opinion. 

Benefit #4 - The simple things bring me joy. 

I have never been a fancy, ball-gown type of woman, but that is more true now that I'm older. I'm happy with simple little every day joys. This morning I had coffee with a friend and then later, my husband and son took me out to lunch. I talked to my daughter and sister on the phone. My middle son texted me this morning. I'm happy and content with what I have. 

Benefit #5 - I've learned and, am still learning, to be content with my lot in life.

When I was younger I did a lot of whining and complaining about things that would happen to me. Okay, I still do whine at times.😉 But, I have learned that God is with me no matter what and He always works things out to my growth and His glory when I trust Him. I whine a lot less and I find it more beneficial to trust that He is working all things out. 

I'm sure there are many other benefits, but those are 5 off the top of my head. I have noticed my head holds a lot less than it used to so perhaps five is enough! 😀

I'm sixty-two and what will I do? I will enjoy each moment that comes my way today!

Comments

  1. Happy birthday, dear friend - God bless you today and always - your list of benefits is beautiful 💜🙏😄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 62nd, Terri! I'm glad you are enjoying your day. I am 72 and I learned a
    long time ago that the simple little every day joys are the best things in the world! Enjoy your day!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday wise friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy #62 Terri! I sent you a message on your timeline too! Have a blessed day and year. KP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday dear Terri! May you have many many more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! You and your blog are a gift to the world--thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Eating to Live