Thanksgiving 2017













The past few days have been all about food, family and fun.  When we found out Dan's parents were going to be by themselves for Thanksgiving, we decided to go there for the day so they wouldn't have to travel.  They live 5 hours away so it was possible to leave on Thanksgiving morning to get there by early afternoon. 

I didn't want my mother-in-law to cook an entire meal by herself, so I contributed the pies, cranberry-orange relish, sweet potato casserole, cooked carrots and rolls.  She took care of the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy and green bean casserole. 

It was a wonderful afternoon, eating, visiting, watching football, playing board games and enjoying each other's company.  We spent the night and got to visit some more this morning before we left to come home. 

We haven't spent Thanksgiving with my in-laws for about 9 years so it was wonderful to be able to do this. We got home around 3:30 this afternoon and Emily was trying to convince me that we should put up the tree this evening as we always do, but I told her we will work on it tomorrow morning. I'm tired! After spending the night sleeping on a couch, I'm looking forward to my own bed.  

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live