Praise and Thanksgiving
"Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:19-20
Good morning! Do you have music in your heart this morning? Can you sing to the Lord even during difficult days? How do you do this? I think the key is givng thanks to God the Father for everything! It's hard to be joyful if you're not thankful.
Do you make a habit of constantly lifting up thanks to God? I'm not just talking about the good things though often we forget to do that as well. Do you thank God for the trials he has brought into your life? Do you thank him for whatever it is that he wants you to learn from the struggle you are going through?
If we are to sing and make music it requires us getting our eyes off the circumstances and onto God. LIft up praises of thanksgiving to him as you go about your day. Thank him in each and every circumstance! Don't feel like it? I say fake it until you make it. Say the words of thanksgiving even if you don't feel very thankful. Put on that praise music and sing even if you don't feel like praising. If did everything based on our feelings we wouldn't get very far in life.
So put praise on your lips today and your heart will follow.
Good morning! Do you have music in your heart this morning? Can you sing to the Lord even during difficult days? How do you do this? I think the key is givng thanks to God the Father for everything! It's hard to be joyful if you're not thankful.
Do you make a habit of constantly lifting up thanks to God? I'm not just talking about the good things though often we forget to do that as well. Do you thank God for the trials he has brought into your life? Do you thank him for whatever it is that he wants you to learn from the struggle you are going through?
If we are to sing and make music it requires us getting our eyes off the circumstances and onto God. LIft up praises of thanksgiving to him as you go about your day. Thank him in each and every circumstance! Don't feel like it? I say fake it until you make it. Say the words of thanksgiving even if you don't feel very thankful. Put on that praise music and sing even if you don't feel like praising. If did everything based on our feelings we wouldn't get very far in life.
So put praise on your lips today and your heart will follow.
Wonderful words of Wisdom. I need to Praise God more for everything he allows me to go through because He is molding me to be fit for His Kingdom and to be made into the Image of Christ! That is why God allows testing and trials in our life. Thanks, Terri for reminding me of this. I will begin right now by thanking God for you.
ReplyDelete"I say fake it until you make it."
ReplyDeleteI love that! How right you are!