Really Bizarre Sunday!

Okay, I don't want to go into too many details because it wouldn't be very edifying but Dan & I had the most bizarre afternoon.

Ummmm, let's just say we were invited to dinner with a few people from church at someone's house. And then let's say when we got there it was a room full of people that we didn't know at all. And then let's say one of the women that was there and I just met, proceeded to tell me everything she thought was wrong with homeschooling. Did I say that I just met her? By the way, the people we knew did show up but the room was so packed that we couldn't speak to them.

Then, let's say that after we sat around for an hour and a half waiting to eat when this very well-dressed lady showed up with these men in suits. The lady, who was not the hostess, started agressively introducing herself to everyone and then said we need to eat because the presentation lasts about 40 minutes!!!!

Presentation? What presentation? Wasn't this supposed to be a get together with friends? ACK!!!!!

Let's just say we wolfed down our food and then came up with a very good reason to leave!

So to recap.....we went to a party.....with a bunch of people we don't know.....to get criticized for homeschooling..... and to be tricked into a sales presentation that we managed to escape from.

Bizarre!!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Terry,
    that is a pet peeve of my husbands. He has a really hard time being invited to a dinner under false pretenses. He is not easily angered but that is something that makes him get very upset.
    Ug, that and the home school comments would have been very irritating and them something to laugh about later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my very own cousin do that to me once! She invited me to come to her new house since I had not seen her in a while and it wound up being some "Amway style" presentation she conveniently forgot to mention.

    I got out of there as fast as I could and was so fuming. I have yet to go back, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why people don't tell you up front what these dinners are all about so you can make a decision as to whether or not you want to attend. They aren't going to sell people anything that they aren't interested in buying!! It just leaves a bad feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Eating to Live

Haste Makes Waste in Decision-Making

The Result of Staying Connected