Hidden Retreat by Terri

Wandering along a forgotten path today
signs of Spring were all around.
The willow tree arranging her skirts
to hide her bare branches.

Photobucket

Green splashed on every bush, as if by a careless painter.
Tufts of grass stood at attention amidst the dead leaves.

Photobucket

Turning a corner, I came upon a hidden retreat,
A rippling stream running merrily down into an unknown valley.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Beside it, a bed of soft green leaves
and snuggling down in the midst of it,
flowers of pale yellow and purple,
unnoticed by all except the most watchful eye.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Reminding me of summer fields, warm sun, sweet scents, and peace.

Comments

  1. Oh Terri! I LONG to be at this place that you post about!!!! It looks so peaceful and relaxing. The sights where you are from really are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...lovely Terri, such a peaceful post...thank you.

    Love, Tina:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, you are getting to be quite a poet and don't know it! lol!! :)

    I know you didn't write the poetry (you didn't did you?) but you really have a knack for putting verse to pictures.

    Loved the scenes and they looked really inviting and you make the poetry come alive, too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it kind of was my first attempt at poetry. Not very good but I tried :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually Terri, you did a very good job at writing your poetry. When I read it initially, I thought it was something that you had read in a poetry book and then I commented on it and posted my comment and as I wrote the question as to whether it was yours or not was because I wrote my comment and then realized that on your site, you hadn't named the poem as being by anyone in particular and realized that you would have done that if you were using someone else's material. The question was asked because I then began to think maybe you did write it or maybe you forgot to give credit to someone else but after I posted it. I really began to think that maybe you did write it. Terrific job as a first attempt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.