Spring Has Sprung

Finally. Finally. Finally. In the space of one week there are signs of spring everywhere. I see green and flowers and birds. Whoo Hoo!!! It's about time.

I brought the camera today when we went for a walk to show you some of the sights.

First of all, does anyone have any idea what type of bird this is? I know it's a hawk of some kind. It was huge.
Photobucket

It was flying in circles around the bald eagle that was up above at the same time.
Photobucket

There were flowers.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And green, rolling hills.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Bubbling brooks and singing birds.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And children!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Aaaaahhhh, can you hear that sigh of contentment? :-)

Comments

  1. Looks like a wonderful day :) I believe that may be a red tailed hawk...the red is usually more of a rusty brown...not bright, and some have more than others. SOOO amazing to see a bald eagle on a walk though...I can't imagine!
    Laura in VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura. I looked it up and it is a red tailed hawk. We have them all over the place here but it just looked different from directly underneath it.

    It's been neat to see all these huge birds of prey all over the place lately. This is the first year we've seen the bald eagles. There are two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news! It's supposed to be a very positive sign that the environment and habitat there is healthy for them to be there :)
    I've seen them in a zoo...but somehow I'm thinking it isn't quite the same :?

    You're pictures did inspire me though :) we got outside and finished up the yardwork for Dh today...it was warm and sunny...and the kids are filthy...and it's wonderful :) I even got to play on the lawnmower lol!
    Laura in VA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics Terri! Hooray for Spring! Bring it on!!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Terri, I tagged you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual, you pictures are amazing. I so enjoyed the scenery and of course, I love seeing the pictures of my grandchildren. Yes, I heard your sigh of contentment way down here. It was like the wind whispering in the treetops.:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live