Happy Birthday, Dear Nathan

Photobucket

Nathan is 17 years old today. Wow! It's hard to believe that this child who used to cling to me and was afraid to go out of our sight is almost a man. His voice is starting to change and often I'll think someone else is in the house and will find out it's just Nathan.
Photobucket

I can see God's hand upon him all through his young life. He struggles with so many things yet does so with such good humor that he is an example to us all. Some words to describe Nathan are: merciful, kind, joyful, optimistic, cheerful, determined, hard working, attentive, conscientious, cautious, and sensitive.
Photobucket

It's hard to describe the love that washed over me when I first saw his little face. I would never have believed that you could love a person that much. We've had our challenges with his special needs but they have shaped him into the mature young man that he is today.
Photobucket

Happy Birthday, dear boy. You are so special to Dad and me. We love you and know that God has a wonderful plan for your life!
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Nathan!! What a lovely post Terri and lovely pics of him growing up too!

    (thank you too my friend, for your kind words and encouragement on my blog today....hugs to you!)

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what cute pictures! Our son Nathan turned 25 this year. How quickly the years go! Treasure each moment!!
    Enjoy your day of celebration ~ Happy Birthday Nathan!

    Blessings,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Nathan!! He is such a sweet and loving young man Terri.You have done a great job Mom.
    Love, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Nathan!! Isn't amazing how fast time goes by!! One day their babes and next their all grown up!! Great job mom and dad!!! God Bless!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Nathan. I hope you all had a great day together.

    Leah
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/lcourtneymom/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Nathan!!!

    You make your Mama proud...and we're pretty proud of you too :)

    Laura in VA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Nathan!!!
    My Nathan is only almost 2 years old. I can't imagine him being 17!!!!!
    Hope you had a great birthday!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you all the way from New Zealand. I hope you have had a lovely day with you family XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ladies for your kind words to Nathan. He is such a blessing to us and I appreciate your words!

    Love,

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Nathan!!! We love you very much and enjoyed ready how much your Mom and Dad love you! It is so good to read the encouraging words that you have for your son when I know it must be discouraging sometimes when you don't know how to help him achieve all that you want for him. But God is in control of Nathan's Life and does have a plan that is perfect for him. God Bless you, Nathan!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live