Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dear Nathan

Photobucket

Nathan is 17 years old today. Wow! It's hard to believe that this child who used to cling to me and was afraid to go out of our sight is almost a man. His voice is starting to change and often I'll think someone else is in the house and will find out it's just Nathan.
Photobucket

I can see God's hand upon him all through his young life. He struggles with so many things yet does so with such good humor that he is an example to us all. Some words to describe Nathan are: merciful, kind, joyful, optimistic, cheerful, determined, hard working, attentive, conscientious, cautious, and sensitive.
Photobucket

It's hard to describe the love that washed over me when I first saw his little face. I would never have believed that you could love a person that much. We've had our challenges with his special needs but they have shaped him into the mature young man that he is today.
Photobucket

Happy Birthday, dear boy. You are so special to Dad and me. We love you and know that God has a wonderful plan for your life!
Photobucket