The Life of a Pastor's Wife

Okay, I've had an insane few days. I was laughing when I couldn't figure out why I felt stressed until I look at my list for the past few days and this weekend.

Here is what I've done since Wednesday:

* Typed up script for our 3D Girl's club, adding narrative for a play they are doing on Sunday (they already had the script and have been practicing; I just fiddled with the narration).

* Watched a couple from church's five year old and had him overnight while she is in the hospital having a baby.

* Started looking for music for next week's worship. Until our worship leader, who just had the baby yesterday comes back to lead, I'm in charge of this.

* Made a ton of phone calls about a funeral reception that will be held at our church on Saturday.

* Took a turkey out to thaw. I got roped into making a turkey for Saturday's reception.

* Helped set up tables for Saturday.

* Entered in some information for a powerpoint presentation on Sunday.

* Ran 3D Girls for 2 hours last night which included dealing with 12 very hyper, 6-10 year old girls who were pumped up on sugar.

The rest of the weekend:

* Order flowers for someone today.

* School with the children.

* Take Nathan out for a late lunch and his birthday.

* Drop kids off at home.

* Pick up flowers and visit friend in hospital.

* Cook turkey overnight.

* Slice turkey for funeral reception.

* Take Nathan to work tomorrow.

* Go to funeral.

* Go to our church and set up coffee for reception while everyone goes to burial.

* Funeral reception.

* Enter words into powerpoint for worship on Sunday.

* Type, print, copy bulletins for Sunday.

* Make something for potluck on Sunday.

* Direct 3D Girls worship service on Sunday.

* Potluck dinner.

* Cleanup potluck.

* Home and collapse.

See, and people thought I was just a stay-at-home mom!

Comments

  1. Terri! What a whirlwind you been on. You deserve a break and breakfast in bed or something! You definitely haven't had time for sewing:o)!!! You've done good work for your famiy and church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have managed to squeeze in some sewing, Debbie. Just not as much as I want. I have to wait until after Mother's Day to post pictures though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well and to think--i thought all you did was blog. Boy was i wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- I am tired just reading your list! I am surprised you have time for sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, ha....aren't you the funny one, Stephanie! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! You better try and get some rest dear friend! I was tired just reading it!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Terri! Bless you! I think I need a nap after reading this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And you slept...when?
    BTW, don't feel bad you didn't know what WIP means. It took me forever to figure out OOP does NOT refer to a mistake! (OOP is Out of Pocket).

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one busy pastor's wife! My husband was a bi-vocational pastor of a small church for 2 years so I can relate in some ways! It was a lot of work but it was one of the most rewarding times of our lives! Right now he is serving as an assistant pastor so that is a different role for me. May the Lord bless all of your overtime work! I will be praying for you :)
    Blessings,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think pastors wives are more busy then their hubbies!!lol What a Blessing you are to your hubby and the church!! God Bless!! Oh and I would collapse half way through all of that!!!lol...Have a great evening!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terri! When do you find time to blog with a list like that? I'm tired just reading about all that you do. Bless your heart, you need a long vacation. How about coming down for a visit?

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live