Planting

Well, I'm pretty sure that the danger of frost is over so it's time to think of gardening. I'm going to wait and put in the vegetables until next week but I did get flowers & herbs planted today.

Aren't they pretty?
Photobucket

Emily has been begging to help me plant so she was in heaven today.
Photobucket

Putting flowers in the planters.
Photobucket

Nathan and Stephen dug up the garden.
Photobucket

Emily had to get in on the action.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Taking a water break.
Photobucket

I planted basil and cilantro seeds in the planters.

Directly into the garden went English Thyme.
Photobucket

Oregano
Photobucket

Rosemary
Photobucket

Overall, it was a productive day and we got a lot done. I'm keeping it simple this year and will just plant cucumbers, squash, green beans, peppers, and tomatoes.

Comments

  1. It looks wonderful! I think I may need to add some rosemary to my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks fabulous. It's getting too cold here to do much in the garden -- apart from adire the autumn foliage, of course!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post...great pics and beautiful plants!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! I'm so thankful that spring is here. For some reason, this winter seemed to drag on forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey you cheated I grew mine from seed and they arent even close to being ready !! :) Beautiful- wana send the kids over to dig up my garden and help plant?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are beautiful ~ spring is such a lovely season! What great garden helpers you have!

    Blessings,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie, my friend, have you not learned anything about me yet? I hate to wait!!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks wonderful and I appreciate your optimism but I found when I lived up there that it was never safe to plant anything before Memorial Day! Just be ready to cover things up. Now, don't I sound like the Pessimist!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom,

    Don't forget you were about 400 miles further north than us. We've been here for 5 years and so far we've never had frost after the end of April.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.