First Cookbook

Emily received her very first cookbook from my friend Stephanie. Today she asked me if she could make a dish from it. Since we were having London broil for dinner and I was planning something with potatoes, she chose to do oven baked french fries.

Here she is with her new book.
Photobucket

She cut the potatoes in wedges.
Photobucket

Brushing melted butter on top.
Photobucket

Here she is with the finished product.
Photobucket

She was so proud of herself. You could almost see her chest puff up when she got a compliment. LOL!

Comments

  1. How sweet, Terri. I gave my Kathryne a copy of the CHF cookbook to begin a cookbook collection, and she has already picked out several recipes to try!

    Leah
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/lcourtneymom/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Emily, that looks very appetizing. Can I come over??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now can't you just see sitting in that shady spot on the deck...eating those with some ranch dip...YUUUUMMMY!

    Well done Emily :)
    Love,
    Laura in VA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks terrific, Emily! Your on your way to being a very good cook just like your mom! You shall have to make something for me and grandpa when we come up. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    Love,

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri,

    I did a couple of posts today even though I said I wasn't going to do anymore before we went on vacation. I guess I thought of something to say and couldn't resist. Just thought I would let you know in case you want to come over and read it.

    Love

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Emily! You're going to be a great cook like your Mama! Mmm-mmm, those wedges look good!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Emily!! When my daughter was about her age she got her first cookbook and my son and her would love to make her sloppy joe recipe!! It was fun and really good!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live