Pasta al Forno

I made this last week and it was so good that I am making it again for a potluck tomorrow at church. It's very easy and normally after you prepare it you bake it at 400 degrees until bubbly. However, since our oven at church is small I put it together in the crockpot and will just cook it on low for 2 hours.

Here is the recipe:

Pasta al Forno

First, you prep. the following vegetables.

2 Tablespoons onion, minced
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 carrot, diced fine
2 celery stalks, diced fine
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley

Photobucket

Then heat 4 Tablespoons of olive oil and cook the vegetables until they are softened, about 5 minutes.
Photobucket

Add 1 lb. of ground beef and cook until browned. Drain excess oil.
Photobucket

Add 1 (28 oz.) can of diced tomatoes, salt, pepper & red pepper flakes to taste. Simmer about 30 minutes, until thickened.
Photobucket

Meanwhile cook 1 lb. of rigatoni or ziti pasta and drain. Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well.

Stir in 2 cups of grated mozarella cheese and sprinkle with romano cheese.
Photobucket

This is the point when you would put it in a 400 degree oven and bake until bubbly.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Looks really scrummy Terri, thanks for posting! I'm very lazy about posting my cooking...I just want to get on with it without having to photograph the various stages! Thank goodness you have the patience for it!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like another delicious recipe! Thanks for posting all of your yummy things for us to try! My family has loved the ones I have made so far!
    Have a great time at your potluck!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, it is harder to have to stop and take pictures but I have to blog about something! :-)

    Love,

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Sharon. I'm glad you're enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds and looks delicious, Terri. Add that to the dish you prepare for us when there, won't you?

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.