Enjoying the Sights

I spent some time this afternoon just sitting in the back yard and enjoying my new environment.

There were birds.
Photobucket

Butterflies.
Photobucket

Rhubarb plants.
Photobucket

Apple tree
Photobucket

Lilies
Photobucket

Unknown plant #1
Photobucket

Unknown plant #2
Photobucket

Unknown plant #3
Photobucket

Unknown plant #4 (possibly burning bush)?
Photobucket

Unknown plant #5
Photobucket

Any help you can give me on the unknown plants would be helpful. I'm glad I took the time out of the busy day to just enjoy my new surroundings.

Comments

  1. PRETTY sure that unknown #3 is bee balm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy. I googled it and I think you're right. It's supposed to attract bees and is food for butterflies and hummingbirds. I've seen a hummingbird by it so that's it!

    Thank you. I never would of known the name of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I would love to help you with naming your plants but I have no idea what they are. I know that they are beautiful plants though. Love Ya, Marybeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I have unknown plant #1 in my yard and I LOVE it. So far, nobody knows what it is though. It opens up when it's not miserably hot out and then closes up later in the day. Mine in TN is pretty much spent for the season but it bloomed for a long time. My flowers were purple.

    Karen in TN
    CHF sister

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think 2 is a widflower called Toadflax, very pretty!
    I agree, 3 looks like Monarda, or Bee Balm.
    Then there is 5, which looks like Rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies. I think #1-#3 are identified.

    #1 - Hound's Tongue (I'm still not sure because I don't have any flowers on it at this point)

    #2 - Toad flax - that was a definite Elizabeth.

    #3 - Bee balm

    I do know that #5 is not rhubarb.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.