Mrs. Lacoste's Soup

My friend gave me the recipe for this last year and the children loved it. Emily has called it Mrs. Lacoste's soup ever since. :-)

I tweaked it a bit and here is the recipe.

Cover 2 large chicken breasts with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until cooked through. Reserve liquid.
Photobucket

Cut into bite size pieces.
Photobucket

Take 3 large leeks and slice.
Photobucket

Rinse until clean.
Photobucket

Mince 3 large garlic cloves. Melt a stick of butter (1/2 cup) in a large pot.
Photobucket

Saute vegetables until soft.
Photobucket

Add the reserved broth and enough water to fill the pot.
Photobucket

I add chicken boullion, salt & pepper to taste, and about 1 tsp. of poultry seasoning. Simmer for at least 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook bowtie pasta (farfalle) until done.

Place 1/2 cup of the bowties in a bowl and ladle the soup over the pasta.
Photobucket

I usually serve it with some sort of homemade bread or breadsticks.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. It looks like it taste really good. I may have to try it some time. hope your enjoying your new house!

    Love You, Marybeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hungry.........and its only breakfast time here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds real good, Terri, and healthy too. I think that would go real well with WW's program, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mom, one 1/2 cup serving of bowtie pasta is 2 points and 1 serving of soup (one cup) is 3 points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri,
    Yummy!! I'm writing this one down to make for my family. Thank you for sharing.
    Miriam :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live