Pakistani Kima

One of my favorite cookbooks is More With Less by Doris Janzen Longacre. This recipe is out of it and the children love it.

Pakistani Kima

First saute 1 cup chopped onion and 3 cloves of minced garlic in 3 tablespoons of butter.
Photobucket

Add 1 lb. of ground beef.
Photobucket

Cook until browned.
Photobucket

Add 1 Tablespoon curry powder, 1 1/2 tsp. salt and a dash of pepper, tumeric, cinnamon and ginger.
Photobucket

Add 2 diced potatoes, 1 14 1/2 oz. can of diced tomatoes and 1 cup of frozen peas.
Photobucket

Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Serve over rice.
Photobucket

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. That looks like a good dish for a theme night!! Looks really good thanks for sharing it!! Be Blessed my friend!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to try to get my kids to eat peas Terri! LOL! This dish looks really yummy, and easy too! Tonight we had pork chops, rice-a-roni,and english peas. My kids were eating off of divided plates and when I went to give Noelle her portion of peas she actually covered up the empty portion of her plate to try to keep me from serving her! Needless to say she had to move her hand and get her helping of peas. She ate them first so she could get the worst overwith! So silly! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri,

    This looks like a good one to try!
    I think my family would like it! As I was making up my menu plans today, my daughter made her request for a new favorite ~ your recipe for the sausage and peppers!

    Thank you! Have a blessed week!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy, it really is delicious. Be forwarned though, it has a lot of curry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. April, what a smart girl. She gets the worst over with first. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sharon. I'm glad your daughter is liking some of the recipes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum - will be trying this one - I just love that book!
    Have you read her other book - Living more with Less? - another good read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynn, I have not read that. I'll have to see if my library has it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terri, looks delicious. I have that cook book but I have not tried that recipe. I will certainly try it. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is good Mom. Nathan saw me making it last night and hugged me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.