Ruby Red Berries

I got a call today from a couple in our church. They told us they had picked their fill of raspberries and to come over and help ourselves. We had lunch, cleaned up, and went over to pick. The branches were bending over because the berries were so full.

Mmmmmmmmm, good!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had to keep reminding the children to lift up the branches to find the berries hiding underneath.
Photobucket

Emily was very proud of herself.
Photobucket

However, she fizzled fairly quickly and was off to play in the sandbox.
Photobucket

I came home with enough berries for 4 pies, a potful of fresh picked spinach for dinner, lettuce, and a green pepper.
Photobucket

Thanks to our friend's generosity, it was a bountiful afternoon!

Comments

  1. Hi Terri,
    they are beautiful. We love rasberries.
    Hugs,
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!!! Is it ok to say I wish I'd get a call like that!?!? How wonderful!!! They're on our list to plant...but are looking to see if we can find a way to do it in containers so when we build we can take them with us...since it'll take that long to actually get them going! lol
    Love,
    Laura in VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet friend! Raspberries are my favorite fruit, I wish I could try some of them!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Terri,

    What a blessing!! I love to go berry picking! I know you all will enjoy those raspberries!

    Have a great week,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a blessing for your friend to share the abundance with you! My mom came over this Monday with a quart size bag of blackberries that she had picked out at her house, and she baked a delicious cobbler to split between us. My mom has lost almost 20 lb, so she was not eating any of it, but she took some home for my dad, and our family had the rest. It is such a blessing when someone shares something like this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live