Sausage Gravy

One of our favorite breakfasts is sausage gravy and biscuits. However, since I started Weight Watchers, I do not partake. I satisfied my longings by taking pictures of it. LOL!

You can use any old biscuit you want. I make homemade baking powder biscuits. However, this post is about the gravy which is delicious!

Take a one pound package of pork sausage.
Photobucket

Put it in a frying pan and chop it up with the spatula while it cooks.
Photobucket

This is what it will look like when it is done.
Photobucket

Sprinkle flour all over the top. Use enough to cover the sausage. My guess is about 1/4-1/3 cup.
Photobucket

Pour milk on the top to come to the top of the sausage. About 2 cups.
Photobucket

Add salt and fresh ground, black pepper to taste. Stir until thickened and bubbly.
Photobucket

Pour over the biscuits.
Photobucket

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Now TAHT looks good enough to eat right off my computer!!!LOL
    Jacob really likes sausage gravy but I never knew how to make it. Now I do! Thanks Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMmmm..That sure looks good!
    I wonder if that could be made with low-fat turkey b'fast sausage and fat-free milk to make it more WW-friendly? I don't know how to get around the fat in the biscuits though, so maybe not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how good it would taste as a fat free dish but you certainly could try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, I just showed this to Jacob and he licked the screen. So I guess it is a hit! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, LOL! That is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back when I was chunky instead of hunky, and not a vegetarian... this was one of my favorite meals.

    Diane would have to use all the sausage just for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby would love this!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!! Have a great day Terri!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terri I'm curious. Biscuits in England mean thin crunchy things.Maybe you call them cookies? What are your biscuits made from?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terri, that is sooooo wrong! It did not satisfy MY craving! Oh, I think my belly is rumbling right now! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elizabeth, biscuits here are like rolls.

    The recipe calls for 2 cups of flour, 3 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1/4 cup margarine, and 3/4 cup of milk. Mix the dry ingredients, cut in the margarine or butter and then add the milk. Turn out onto a floured board and knead for about 3 minutes. Cut into circles and bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jason! Just because I think it's monumentous that you commented, I thought you deserved your own response. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is our Saturday morning breakfast :o) Jim gets up and cooks it...then wakes up the family to eat. I love a morning I don't have to cook!!! lol
    Love,
    Laura in VA

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM!! That looks like the perfect breakfast!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks delicious but definately not for those who are trying to take off pounds. A definate No No at our house.

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.