Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sausage Gravy

One of our favorite breakfasts is sausage gravy and biscuits. However, since I started Weight Watchers, I do not partake. I satisfied my longings by taking pictures of it. LOL!

You can use any old biscuit you want. I make homemade baking powder biscuits. However, this post is about the gravy which is delicious!

Take a one pound package of pork sausage.
Photobucket

Put it in a frying pan and chop it up with the spatula while it cooks.
Photobucket

This is what it will look like when it is done.
Photobucket

Sprinkle flour all over the top. Use enough to cover the sausage. My guess is about 1/4-1/3 cup.
Photobucket

Pour milk on the top to come to the top of the sausage. About 2 cups.
Photobucket

Add salt and fresh ground, black pepper to taste. Stir until thickened and bubbly.
Photobucket

Pour over the biscuits.
Photobucket

Enjoy!