Fall Festival














Remember a few weeks ago when I listed the major events that were coming up that I was responsible to organize? Well, this is one of them. I've been getting ready for this event for the past few weeks.

We have done this in the past and usually get a pretty good crowd. Actually, as a result of having a fall festival in the park, the first year Dan & I were here, our guitar player ended up coming to our church and coming to know the Lord.

I love this event! This year I got smart and instead of doing all the organizing myself and then just having helpers at the event, I delegated a task to everyone. So someone was in charge of planning, purchasing, and getting helpers for the craft. The same with the refreshments, face painting, and balloon animals. My job was advertising and purchasing the supplies and putting together the goody bags for the children who come.

Please pray for this event on Sunday. This is the first year we are adding a band. They are a rock/blues style Christian group. Their guitar player used to go to our church until they moved away. Pray that the Lord would really bless the entire day.

Comments

  1. That sounds a wonderful day, well done for all the planning you have put in. The key to good organising is...delegation!
    Praying for a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun :) And what a wise woman to delegate! Praying for a wonderfull day!

    Love,
    Laura in VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being involved in these kinds of events reaching out into the community. Praying that the Lord will abundantly bless it!!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun day, Terri! I love fall festivals.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this sounds like it is going to be great! Good for you Terri, for delegating out some of the tasks to other people so you don't have to shoulder the burden alone.

    I'll be praying for ya'll this weekend!

    Love,
    Aprille :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like it will be a great day of fun for all! Good job on delegating as well as working. A good manager knows how to delegate. I'm not good at that, I always end up doing most of the work so I'm glad to see that you have learned something that I have not. Have a great day enjoying all the hard work....both you and the other members of the church!

    Blessings,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live