Christmas Decorations

I feel so disorganized this year. Normally, I put up all the decorations the same day we decorate the tree. However, that did not happen this year and it's taken me about a week and a half to get it done.

They are all up now and look so pretty. I never go crazy with the outside of the house. I do put up a wreath on each door but that's about it.

This year we have a live wreath that my neighbor gave me.
Photobucket

I made a centerpiece.
Photobucket

I love pulling out the different decorations each year because there is usually some special meaning with them.

Here is a manger that my sister-in-law brought back from Haiti years ago. It's hand carved.
Photobucket

This is a manger that was handmade for my children when the boys were little. Some ladies from a church that supported our ministry in the city made it. All of the kids have enjoyed playing with it at one point or the other. Now that the boys are older, it's Emily who plays with it each year.
Photobucket

Close-up.
Photobucket

I love having a fireplace this year because I can decorate the mantle.
Photobucket

I received a set of these angels last year.
Photobucket

The best thing about this fireplace is that there are two sides of it so I have two mantles. :-)
Photobucket

Dan bought this for me one year. Obviously it's missing the tea light.
Photobucket

I'm not big into going all out with decorations but I do love the few, simple ones I have. I made a fire in the fireplace today and I'm starting to get into the Christmas spirit!

Comments

  1. Like you, the only outside decorations I have are wreaths on the doors. It is also taking me longer this year to get everything decorated. I like your mangers and I can see why they are special to you. Thank you for sharing your decorations and the stories that go with them.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear from ya... I've missed you the last couple of days.
    The wooden nativity from Haiti made me go "ooooh.. aaaahhh". Love that!
    That's cool that you have a double sided fireplace. 2 mantles, that could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling disorganized, too. I decorated all in one day, but there was a point when I said, "That's enough," and the rest of the decorations went back to the attic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so warm and cozy Terri!! Thats one of the things I love about Christmas time is the feeling of warmth and contentment that it brings to me! I love the Navitity from Haiti. Have a great day!! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri,
    Why your decorations look wonderful! I especially love the nativity sets!
    I hope one day to have a fireplace and a mantle to deorate.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely home.
    Miriam :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Terri! I'm like you...less is more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love simple decorations Terri, and try to use real greenery if I can. Your angel is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your decorations might be what you call simple but they are beautifully arranged, Terri, and your home looks warm and inviting but even better than this is all the love that I see displayed in your home and that is what makes it have that "Christ-mas" atmosphere! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live