Date and Nut Balls

I make these candies every year and they are delicious.

Mix 1 cup of chopped dates, 1/2 cup butter, 2 eggs, and 1 cup sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat.
Photobucket

Bring to a slow boil and cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
Photobucket

Let cool and then add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
Photobucket

And 2 cups rice crispies cereal.
Photobucket

Mix well and when cool enough to handle, form mixture into balls and roll in finely shredded coconut.
Photobucket

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. these look just like the snowball treats that I make. Very different ingredients though.
    sounds good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cookies but haven't had them in a while so will jot down this recipe. They look beautiful, Terri but I bet they won't last long.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep these recipes coming. I lost all of mine when I had to restore my computer so I am taking all of yours! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Terri and they sound quite healthy too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live