Cranberry Orange Bread

It is my turn to bring refreshments to church tomorrow for our fellowship time and I decided to make Cranberry-Orange Bread. I love this bread because it actually has a chewy texture and tastes delicious.

Sift together 4 cups flour, 2 cups sugar, 3 tsp. baking powder, 3 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. baking soda.
Photobucket

Cut in 1/2 cup butter.
Photobucket

Add 2 beaten eggs, 2 tsp. grated orange peel and 1/2 cup orange juice. Stir until just moist.
Photobucket

Fold in 3 cups of raisins and 3 cups chopped cranberries. I keep my cranberries in the freezer and pulse them in my food processor.
Photobucket

Put in two greased 9x5x3 inch pans.
Photobucket

Bake at 350 degrees for 70 minutes.
Photobucket

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Hi Terri,
    This looks yummy.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look so good.. i love anything with cranberries and orange. I wish I could convince my hubby that cranberries are yummy. One of those things he just will not eat.
    But maybe I could make this bread and some other bread along with it so he wouldn't feel left out... hmmmmm.. that's an idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live