Gardening

Photobucket

Well, with the help of the boys I finished putting in the garden this year. It was harder than normal because we had to turn over the grass in the front yard as there was nothing there but lawn. The boys did the majority of it by hand and did a great job.

Of course, now I'm hoping we get no more frosty nights. Tomorrow night is supposed to be about 38, but I hate waiting until after Memorial Day.

Between the front and back garden, I have:

Lettuce
Spinach
Red & Green cabbage
Watermelon
Cantaloupe
Summer squash
Sunflowers
Eggplant
2 kinds of tomatoes (Plum & Beefsteak)
2 kinds of peppers (Bell & Jalapeno)
Beans
Cucumbers
Onions
Carrots
Radishes

I still need to put in the herbs in the little patch by the front door. I do have 4 basil plants and a pot of mint there.

Photobucket

Here are the herbs I'm planting:

Sage
Dill
Oregano
Chives
Parsley
Basil
Cilantro

Hopefully, we will have a good harvest this year. It is so rewarding to be able to harvest vegetables from the garden and eat them all throughout the year.

Comments

  1. This looks fabulous - well done :) I am trying veg this year - it is slow going! Yours looks very productive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lot of work, but so worth the effort when you can go outside your back door and be able to make dinner with the veggies you grew!
    I spent today in the garden planting too!
    You garden looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your harvest turns out to be a bountiful one!
    I'm still waiting another 2-3 weeks to get my seeds in the ground. Our neighbor is going to till it for me soon.
    I have been noticing people in our area getting gardens tilled and planted in the last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big job! I hope you have a wonderful harvest in the upcoming months!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best time is when you start picking , freezing, chutneying, jamming....... It never stops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! We got as far as tilling this year but never planted. We aren't very successful gardeners! I do have some pots of herbs I'm trying out on the deck. We'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live