Anticipation

Photobucket

I was looking at pictures from last year's garden and I am waiting with great anticipation for this year's crop.

I planted the following this year...

2 kinds of cucumbers
3 kinds of tomatoes
4 kinds of peppers
Eggplant
Cabbage
Swiss chard
Lettuce
Onions
Green beans
Butternut squash
Sugar pumpkins
Cilantro
Basil
Parsley
Oregano
Thyme
Rosemary
Sunflowers

I planted all the warm weather seeds on Memorial Day and within 5 days the plants were poking up through the ground. I'm so excited to see how it grows this year.

I'm especially happy that we got the fence up a few days before I planted, as I've seen 5 or 6 bunnies hopping around, a pheasant and 3-4 large deer!

Comments

  1. We have almost all the same things planted in our gardens this year! We were finally blessed with some sun for a few days and we have been working in the gardens...today the rain is back!
    Have a wonderful day Terri! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your garden does well! It is so fun to see things starting to poke up! Our garden has been struggling with cooler spring weather and I think the birds and squirrels may have been feasting on some of my seeds.

    Have a blessed day, Terri!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you Godspeed on your garden – you know so much more about it than I do – I've grown a side of the house garden or two in my day – but I am no gardener. I can tell you know what you're doing. And I read a few posts down to catch up a bit. So happy birthday to your Emily – singing, and putting up chicken coop, and face painting – that's a balanced girl. She must have a good mama :-)God bless and keep you Terri, and each and every one of yours this day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live