Hi everyone! When you get a moment, please go check out my friend, Robin's blog. She is having a give away and there are 3 days left. It is for My Memories Digital Scrapbook Software and is a $40 value.
Those of you who are methodical and think things through before acting or responding probably don't have to reflect on the saying, "haste makes waste" too much. But for some it's a hard lesson to learn, especially if you are a quick decision maker. I did look up where the saying came from and it was first recorded in the apocryphal Book of Wisdom around 190 BCE. It says, “There is one that toileth and laboureth, and maketh haste, and is so much the more behind.” Over time it was shortened to the quip we know today. For myself, it's a lesson I've had to learn. I've spent countless hours throughout the years having to go back and redo something or find solutions to problems brought about by being too hasty in my actions or response in agreeing to do something another wants me to do. To be honest, that later problem is more of what I have struggled with in my life. I have difficulty saying no to people so tend to get caught up in their enthusiasm and agree...
"If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided strong shoes." ~ Corrie ten Boom Discouragement. Anxiety over the future. Anger over circumstances. Defeat. So many times lately I have given in to these emotions. Our future seems so uncertain at times and it's hard to see the forest because of the trees. However, we believe that God has a plan for us. We have seen God work in wonderful ways over the past few years. We trust Him and know He is has His best for us. However those same emotions take hold at times. Discouragement. Anxiety over the future. Anger over circumstances. Defeat. Yet, even in the midst of these swirling emotions, I know that God gives us what we can handle. If we are walking in His way and keeping our eyes on Him, He will provide a way. There are many valleys and shadows in our lives. There are times when things seem bleak and overgrown with weeds. ...
Despite the unexpected busyness and interruptions, I have been plugging away at my weight loss as well as writing the plant-based, whole food cookbook. Recipe testing fell by the wayside the past two weeks, but I've still gotten a good chunk of the book done. I also got on the scale this morning for another one pound loss which makes a total of 61 lbs. since I started this journey back in July. It's second nature at this point and I have so much more energy and feel healthy. The only negative is that because I've lost so much weight I'm seeing some sagging, crepe-papery skin happening. Yuck. Some of that is age and I need to figure out some toning exercises. It's definitely a life-style change, but a positive one which I'm so thankful I started on. The pictures above are a small selection of meals I've eaten the past two months and many of those will be included in the book. This will be a printable e-book as I find that will be the easiest and most cost ...
Thank you, Terri! :)
ReplyDelete