Christmas Menu

Photobucket

My children and husband look forward to Christmas every year, mainly because I try to serve food that we normally don't have.  It's hard to come up with new things each year that don't require me to spend my entire day in the kitchen!  This year I wasn't really feeling very inspired, but finally settled upon the following menu plan.  A lot of this is just prep work ahead of time.

Here is the menu:

Christmas Eve
Baked shrimp scampi
Lemon saffron rice
Homemade garlic breadsticks
Parmesan crusted roast asparagus
Pear and greens salad


I'm skipping dessert as we have a Christmas eve service with all kinds of goodies afterwards.

Christmas Breakfast
Cinnamon rolls
Scrambled eggs
Bacon
Hash browns

Christmas Dinner
Lasagna
Homemade Italian bread
Tossed salad
White chocolate peppermint cheesecake
Sparkling Cider


Other than the shrimp, there is not a lot of expense involved and yet, it will be different enough that everyone will be happy.

Comments

  1. Your menus sound delicious, Terri! Wishing you and your family a merry Christmas and a blessed new year!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and your family too, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy! Have a wonderful Christmas Terri! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious! Have a truly lovely family Christmas, Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Menu sounds delicious, do have a merry christmas and a blessed New Year.
    God bless sue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live