Pizza Night

We love pizza and have it here on a fairly regular basis.  One of the things I love about homemade pizza is the ability to take just a few ingredients and come up with a different creation each time.  It seems like no two pizza pies are ever the same.

With the holidays and different events we've had, I haven't actually made pizza in a few weeks.  So, I was thinking that it was about time but then I realized I was missing some key ingredients.  I had no mozzarella cheese nor any tomato sauce or jarred sauce.  That caused me to pause for a bit, but then I realized I had other things I could use.

Last night we ended up with two very different kinds of pizza but both were delicious.

One pie had ricotta cheese, roasted garlic, mushrooms and broccoli.
IMG_8903

The other was a Mexican style pizza with salsa as the base, cheddar cheese, peppers, black olives and summer sausage.
Untitled

Not bad for having none of the normal ingredients.  The best thing about pizza night is that there are always leftovers for lunch the next day.

Comments

  1. If I don't have pizza sauce, I use pasta sauce or a can of tomatoes I puree in the blender, they work just as well. Enjoy!

    Coleen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.