Putting on the Brakes

Photobucket 
I've had such a wonderful week so far and I've really tried to put the brakes on my hectic life.  I have such a difficult time slowing down and enjoying the moment.  As soon as one thing is over, I'm on to planning the next.  I caught myself doing that on Tuesday, the day after our party which left me really tired.  I told Dan that it's so hard to not constantly be planning ahead.

Two things that I want to focus on in 2013 are getting myself in shape physically, as well as just slowing down and hearing from God.  I'm asking myself questions such as...

► What does He want me to do?

► How can I help others use their gifts more (instead of doing it all myself)? 

► What are my motives in doing an activity?  Am I honoring God and pointing people to Him or am I the center of focus?

► Is the activity beneficial? Necessary?  

I've been able to focus on my house and my family this week.  They seem to always take a back seat and I want to make sure that I'm not so busy being all to everyone and neglecting them.

Untitled 

Since Tuesday, here are some things I've been able to accomplish that are keeping with this idea of slowing down and refocusing:

♥ Christmas decorations are down and put away.

♥ Had two full, busy days of school with Emily. We are refocusing and buckling down after the holidays.

♥ Went with Dan to the gym the past two days.  I love it and it's an activity that we are enjoying doing together.

♥ Spent some quality time reading and praying.

♥ Did some bird watching.  I have been putting sunflower seeds outside my living room window and get great shots that way!

Untitled

♥ Closed down my Etsy shop.  I had few sales and actually lost money.  I would love to just get back to making things for gifts and because I love to be creative.

There are a few other things that I need to cut back on or cut out altogether.  I'm looking forward to hearing from the Lord in the new year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live