Year-to-Date in Review


Back on January 1st I had said that I wasn't setting any goals for myself this year.  That I was tired of making them and then not accomplishing too many of them.  However, I generally find that when I aim at nothing, that is exactly what I hit!

I'm feeling kind of aimless this year without anything to shoot for.  So I've set a few goals anyway and decided I'll take a look at how I'm getting on with them each month.  Since January and February have passed, I'm going to review both months.

As I set my goals this year, I did ask myself the following questions...

How can God be in the midst of our finances?
How can I honor God with good health?
What does God want me to do in my personal life this year?
How can I reflect Christ's love to my family?


2013 Goals

Spiritual Goals
► Set aside regular time reading my Bible and spending time in prayer. 

► Keep a journal of how God is providing for us so I don't forget.

Marriage Relationship
► Work on saying 2-3 positive things to my husband each day.
► Have a date night 2 times per month.

Health & Nutrition
► Lose 30 lbs. this year.

► Take a multivitamin each day to increase Vitamin D levels (they are low)
► Have an intentional exercise time at least 3 times per week.

Household Organization
► Set up household budget on Excel
► Keep food and household budget to $125 per week.
► Improve garden soil so it will produce better.
► Complete 1 craft or sewing project per week.
 

Ministry
► Invite at least 2 people/families over per month.

Personal
► Complete one writing project this year. I have a couple of things in the works and I would like to finish one of them this year.

► Read at least one book per month just for the joy of it. :-)

Okay, now on to the review.

Spiritual Goals
~ One of my biggest weaknesses is keeping the computer off first thing in the morning.  I find that if I come over and turn it on, that I'm immediately distracted and my time with the Lord doesn't happen.  So I'm working on keeping it off until after I'm done reading and praying.  

~ I'm continuing to count my blessings and I'm finding that my journal consists mostly of this online journal in the form of blogging.

Marriage Relationship
~ You know, and I'm being brutally honest here, I need to work on being a nicer wife.  Lately, it feels like I'm just a giant grouch!  I'd love to blame it on being pre-menopausal or winter blues, but I know there is no excuse.  So the saying 2-3 nice things per day to my husband hasn't happened so much.  This is why it's good to have these goals written out for me.  It keeps me focused.

~ Date night has not happened so that's something that needs to be fixed.

Health & Nutrition
~ Haven't lost anything this year yet, though I'm certainly much more focused than I have been.

~ Multivitamin is hit or miss.  I don't know why I have such a hard time remembering.  I probably manage to take it about 4 times per week.
~ Exercise has been pretty good!  I've been going to the gym at least 3 times per week and want to keep that up.

Household Organization
~ I managed to set up the household budget on Excel and keep it up to date.
~ I've been able to keep food, personal items and household supplies to the budgeted amount of $125 per week.  Shopping weekly is actually helping with this.
~ I actually completed 14 different craft items in 8-9 weeks so I'm thrilled with that!


Ministry
~ I've had two people over in two months.  Terrible!  I definitely need to work on this.

Personal
~ The big goal was to complete one writing project this year and whoo hoo!!!  You know how that is going! lol 

~ Reading for pleasure - I've read a few books to Emily for homeschooling that I've really enjoyed.  I have personally read my friend, Lisa M. Buske's book that I reviewed the other day.  I'm currently reading The Blue Train by Agatha Christie who is one of my favorite authors.

Given the fact we've had two months go by, and I was goal-less until today, I think I haven't done badly.  Now that I have something to focus on, I may do even better!

Comments

  1. I think you are doing great!

    I decided to read the Bible before I could check email. I have a hard time with this.... what if there's an email there I want to see... If I give in and look at the email first, there's never anything worth delaying the Bible for anyway. When will I learn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked reading your list of ways to improve your life and some of your goals. I think not turning on your computer until after devotions is a good thing to do and keeps your time with the Lord first in your life.

    When it comes to taking vitamins, we have a little cup (the kind that Crystal Lite comes in) just the right size for vitamins and I fill them every morning and set them at our place at the table so they are in view when we eat. That's the only way that I can remember to take mine. If your only taking one maybe you could set the vitamin bottle next to the coffee cup holder so when you grab for the coffee cup you could also take your vitamin for the day.

    I love to read Christian novels...there are some really good Christian historical fiction and Christian suspense fiction authors out there. I have some books that I have read and if your interested I could bring up a few for you to read during the year as your leisure. Let me know if your interested. Then you wouldn't have to pay for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really like those kind of novels, Mom. I don't have a lot of time to read so would prefer to stick with the genre I like. In fact, most of what I read is things like self-help type books or autobiographies. I'm just revisiting an old favorites, such as Agatha Christie.

      I generally see something I like or hear about something online and order it from our library. We have an inter-library loan system and they can get it from another library in our county if they don't have it.

      Thanks for the offer though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live