Reaping with Joy

Psalm 126:5 ~ "Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy."

Five years ago, I sat down and wrote my first weekly devotional for the ladies in our church.  One became two and then three and now I have over three hundred of them.  For the most part, they were lessons that God was teaching me in the midst of my trials.  So many of those weeks were spent in tears or wrestling with things in my own life that needed fixing.  

As a pastor's wife, there are so many issues that pop up in other people but I never wanted the women reading to feel like I was addressing them specifically.  So I stuck with what I did best - dealing with myself.  After all, the only one that I can really change is me, right? :-)

Yet, through those tears, joys and struggles God was able to use my words to help others.  Because I chose to be transparent, others who were going through similar things, were able to find encouragement.  And that brought me great joy!

In thirteen days, those devotionals, and the lessons that the Lord continues to teach me will be released in a new book, Words of Encouragement for a Discouraged World.  The words that I planted many times through tears, are now bringing me such joy.  I am thrilled that the Lord has allowed this to happen for me.  My continued prayer is that these words will continue to plant seeds in women's hearts and sprout and bring forth a harvest.

Today, a friend, Julie Ann Monzi has allowed me to be a guest blogger on her site, Fragments to Hope/Peace from Pieces.  Please feel free to visit by clicking on the link.

And thank you for your encouragement over the years!  When I receive an email or comment from a blog reader, letting me know how much a particular post has helped them, it lifts me up and encourages me.  Those of you who have read here for many years know I'm not perfect, but I keep picking myself back up and try to keep moving forward along this path that the Lord has given me.

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Terri! May the Lord use your work to bless readers worldwide. You are on an amazing adventure of service to the King. Enjoy the journey!!!

    Love and prayers,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elaine! I don't know if you realize how much of an encouragement you are to me. Love you, friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY!! I'm so excited to have your book coming out and to enjoy the fruit of the work of God in your life!! Running over now to check out your guest post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate! You have been such an encouragement to me through this whole process. Love you, sweetie!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Terri. I wish nothing but the best.

    Love,
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came from reading a blog where all is "gloom and doom" for our country. Your posts are always full of "hope." It is a joy to read your blog posts and your Wednesday "sermons" are better than most preachers preach on Sundays!! I love hearing about your wonderful family too. Keep up the good work and good luck with your new book.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, thank you for those wonderful words of encouragement. We serve a God who *is* hope! Thank you for being such a faithful blog reader and encourager!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.