Wednesday Words of Encouragement

Psalm 73:25-26 ~

"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Can you say this today?  Are you looking to God alone or do you find yourself dissatisfied, and looking to people or things to fulfill you?  Are your eyes on your circumstances or on the Lord? When struggling with something, do you turn to the Lord first, or do you run to your phone, friend, or social media for the answer?

If we truly have the right perspective then we know that all the things we strive after mean nothing in the big picture. All our earthly struggles and trials will melt away when we see Him face to face someday. When all that we work for and strive for is gone, all that's left is the Lord.

Let's put our trust in Him today.



Comments

  1. Dear Terri, thank you for speaking the truth in love! You are so right, at the end of the day, knowing Jesus Christ as one's Lord and Savior is all that will matter! Thank the Lord the Bible promises: "The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth. (Psalm 145:18) Joy & blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe it is age but I have learned that people will let you down and will not always be there for you. Only God is always always there for me and knows my problems before I even tell him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live